New RVTools version is out now. What’s New and how to make use of this tool?
RVTools is a windows application which is used to get and display information about your virtual environments. It was developed by “Robware” and is used to get detailed inventory of your virtual Infrastructure. RVTools is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESXi hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastore, multipath info, license info and health checks. It interacts with vCenter and ESXi hosts to get all the above information. You can also upgrade Vmtools and dismount CD ROM from VMs with the help of RVTools.
RVTools is the most downloaded and useful utility almost used by VMware Admin all around the world. When it comes to inventory, capacity planning, Infrastructure optimization RVTools fist comes in mind as it’s an easy to use tool. Provides detailed information.
Latest updated version is 3.10 .
Where to Download?
What’s New in Updated Version?
- Bug fixes for invalid “Horizontal Alignment” value in xlsx style sheet, for Calculation of total snapshot size was not always correct and for Child snapshot hierarchy was not always correct.
- Upgraded RVTools to .Net Framework version 4.6.1
- Connection error when TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 are disabled and only TLSv1.2 is enabled is solved by using .Net Framework 4.6.1
- vInfo tab page new columns: The latency-sensitivity setting of the virtual machine, Change Block Tracking (CBT) and disk.EnableUUID values
- vDisk tab page new columns: SCSI label, unit number and sharedBus
- vHost tab page new columns: Assigned License(s), ATS heartbeat, ATS locking values. 0 = disabled 1 = enabled, Host Power Policy shortname, CPU Power Management current policy and CPU power hardware support
- When Export to xlsx is executed a metadata worksheet with version number of RVTools and date time stamp is added to the output xlsx file
- All columns in the RVTools export xlsx file(s) now have a filter
- When export to csv newline characters are replaced by spaces
- When started from cli and login fails an error message and login box was displayed. Now RVTools will exit with exit code -1, without showing the error message and login form.
- Added an example PowerShell script with which you can merge RVTools export xlsx files
- Added a example PowerShell script to start Export all to xlsx for multiple vCenters
- vDatastore tab page: For NFS datastores the address column is now filled with remote host and path info
- vDatastore tab page new columns: Datastore Cluster Name, Cluster capacity and Cluster free space
- The upper limit on the Health check for number of VMs on a datastore is now 9999
- vHealth tab page: new column “message type” which can be used as a filter in Excel
- vHealth tab page: hbrdisk.RDID files are no longer reported as possible zombie files
- vHealth tab page: low disk space messages no also show the free space in MB.
- CLI export2xls parameters changed to export2xlsx (old parameter will still work)
- Default installation directory is changed to C:\Program Files (x86)\RobWare\RVTools without the version number.
How to Use?
Download the utility from the above given link, double click the setup to run the same. Once setup has been installed, click on the “RVTools” shortcut icon, it will show you as below given screenshot:
Enter the vCenter IP address or host name with credentials and it will open up as multiple tabs whereas each tab has different information, few tabs are given below.